Home » Latest Corona Virus update | Thursday 11 February 2021

Latest Corona Virus update | Thursday 11 February 2021

by  Africa Media Australia

The following Corona Virus message is from  Victoria Emergency Services


Face masks:
Face masks are mandatory in indoor locations. If you have visitors in your home,it is strongly recommended that face masks are worn during the visit.
It is strongly recommended that you wear a face mask in other situations when you are unable to stay more than 1.5 metres from other people
There are lawful reasons for not wearing a face mask and information on these reasons can be found here.

Take the following actions to keep yourself and the community safe:
1. Stay safe by washing your hands regularly, wearing a face mask when you leave home, coughing and sneezing into your elbow, and keeping at least 1.5 metres from others.
2. Keep your friends and family safe by meeting outdoors. There is a lower risk of spreading corona virus (COVID-19) between people if you are outdoors.
3. If you feel unwell do not go to work.
The maximum number of visitors to your home is 15 people (not including people who already live there or infants under 12 months)
4. For information on actions you can take to stay safe visit how to stay safe

Testing for coronavirus (COVID-19)
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell or taste.
Get tested as soon as possible.
Stay at home until you receive your test results. Don’t go to work, school or shopping.
Those who test positive and their close contacts must isolate for 14 days. Stay at home. Don’t go to work, school or shopping.
A full list of testing sites can be found here.



Victorian Border Crossings:
From 5:59pm on 11 January, you will need to apply for a permit to enter Victoria from anywhere in Australia. Apply for a permit at the Service Victoria website
The permit system is based on a traffic light system which allows for areas across Australia to be designated as green, orange or red according to their risk.
The type of permit that you require will depend on where you have been.
When you apply for a permit you will be asked where you are coming from and where you have travelled to.
This is like a registration system and if you want to travel into Victoria you will need to let us know if you have been in a location which has been designated in a red, orange or green zone.

International travellers:
If you are travelling to Victoria from overseas, you must go into quarantine accommodation for 14 days from the day you arrive. For more information visit information for overseas travellers click here.
This message was issued by Department of Health and Human Services.

The next update is expected by 17/02/2021 05:00 pm or as the situation changes.

Stay informed:
Visit the website dedicated to coronavirus (COVID-19) website: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline if you suspect you have coronavirus (COVID-19) on 1800 675 398.
VicEmergency website and app.
DHHS Facebook and Twitter.
VicEmergency Facebook and Twitter.
The following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
To access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline on 1800 675 398.
Translated coronavirus (COVID-19) resources are available here.
If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline.



You may also like